Friday, June 29, 2012

Gaby's 8

Today is Gaby's 8th birthday.  I can't believe she is 8 all ready.  Today was suppose to be all about her, but it was memorable as it was.  We ran to do some errands in the morning and then Papi was coming home early to take her to Boondocks for her b-day. 

We went to Hobby Lobby first, for some things for the party.  We packed up in the van and pulled out and the van was chocking.  I couldn't figure out what it was.  Then I realized that we ran out of gas.  The light never came on and it looked like I was fine to go even a day or two more, however I was really wrong.  So I was going to try to "run" for it but last minute pulled into a parking stall and parked.  We all got back out and walked in the 100 degree weather to the nearest gas station, which was at most 1 mile away.

We got to the gas station, walked in to buy a gas can and this tiny little thing was $13.  I was shocked.  So I asked the girls if they could make it to Walmart, which is another half mile or so away.  So off we go, well the gas can was $13 but for a 2 gallon can instead of half gallon.  I felt terrible.  I made them walk that much further in the heat.  We got back to the gas station filled up the can and then we were off. 

We got back to the van, I had the kids sit on the grass in the shade drinking cold water.  I try to fill the tank, which the gas was going in a trickle at a time.  Then some guy walks up to me and asks me for $.  I thought he was going to ask if he could help, but no, he asked for change so he could go buy a cold drink.  I gave him some and he walked around the other side of the van and stopped.  Then I got super nervous, so I pray super hard for the gas to come out a bit faster and for the man to keep walking away.  He did hesitantly though.  I told the kids to hurry and get in and we were out of there.  We had enough gas to get to the gas station and fill up.  WOW!  What a trip!  Then we still had to do our shopping.  A one hour outing turned into a five hour outing!

We got home in time for her to go to Boondocks with Papi.  Then when Mark got home from work, we went to Golden Corral for Gaby's b-day dinner.  Then Papi took her back to Boondocks and they got home at midnight.  They had a great time!!!  She got to do everything, bowl, arcades, mini golf, drive go-carts by herself and go-carts where Papi drove, & bumper boats.  She loved it and Papi was exhausted when they got back.  She had a long fun birthday.  Happy birthday Gaby, we love you tons!!!!!