Saturday, May 3, 2014

Bike Safety Fair

Today was insane.  We had so much going on.  Starting off with the bike safety fair.  We were only going to go to see if we could get FREE bike helmets and then leave.  Well, we got there a few minutes early and the line was very long.  I didn't think we'd have a chance.  Then a lady handing out water bottles asked me how many I wanted.  I said no thank you to her and then she said the water bottles were the tickets to get a free helmet.  OH!  I got 4 and was guaranteed 4 free helmets.  After that, Jake took the kids over to the fair part to let them play games and stuff.  They had a blast.  I called Quique and told him forget the other stuff and come right away.  He did and was glad because they all had so much fun going from booth to booth with games and winning stuff (all free) all the while I stood in the long line.....1.5 hours later, we got our helmets.  Quique and I got helmets too.  They ran out of Mateo's size so they gave us a coupon to get a free one from the health department.  I couldn't believe it.  I will gladly stand in the hot sun, in a super long line for 6 free helmets that would have cost us over $100!  They weren't the cheapo ones either, they were the high end expensive ones.  There were even people adjusting the helmets specifically to each child.We all got bike lights too.  I couldn't believe all that we got.  We would have spent well over $300 for the helmets and prizes they won.  It was super cool.  We are going to do this every year.  It's worth the crowd for that much free family fun!