Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Canning 2014

I wasn't planning on canning much this year since we're moving soon.  I did anyway......some of our neighbors were selling corn on the cob, so I grabbed 4 or 5 dozen... so that little bittty bit of corn was all I got.  So much work for not much.  YIKES!
After going to the farm, I got a ton of salsa chilaca, stewed tomatoes, salsa verde and chile chilaca.  It took less than a week to get it all done.  With a few house showings in the midst of the mess. 
The following week some different neighbors gave us some apples and waaalaaa, apple pie filling.
So instead of packing empty jars, we filled them with food to move them.  :)
It was another fun, great canning week.  The kids enjoy helping and it was great fun.  We make it fun and they love learning how to do it too.