Monday, August 10, 2015

Driving to Chihuahua

Today was a very eventful day.  I had the kids put away their camping clothes this morning.  We were supposed to go camping Friday-Sunday with the Jorgensens.  Then I had my RS Presidency meeting.  After it was over I called Mami to find out how Papi was doing.  She told me he had a rough night. I just had this overwhelming feeling we needed to go and right now!   So right then and there, we started packing.  I had the kids start getting some clothes ready.  I had no idea how long we'd be gone but we had enough for a few days and church just in case.  Gaby packed the clothes, Isabel packed food for us, and Lili & Mateo were packing backpacks and entertainment things. While I made sure we had all the legal stuff to cross boarders and hygiene things. We were out the door in less than an hour.
The kids traveled super well the entire time.  We had hardly any pee breaks and we drove half way. I wasn't worried about driving alone with the kids at all.  I did get a bit nervous once it was dark and were were on the part on the road that was bad, lots of pot holes, the roller coaster part of the road.  I just prayed that the car would work properly and it did!  We got to Gallup just before midnight.  We got to the Best Western and went to check in.  Sean gave me his coupon to stay there but they wouldn't honor it.  So we had to go find another hotel.  We stayed at the Comfort Inn and the sweet lady at the front desk gave us a huge discount.
First things first, jumping on the beds!  Then lights out asap!