Friday, June 14, 2019

15th Wedding Anniversary Trip- Washington and Oregon Coast

Today we left for our 15th anniversary trip to the Northwest.  My whole life, I've always wanted to go to the Northwest coast.  Is it really as beautiful as it in all the movies and photos I've seen?  Well, we're about to find out.

So, the plan is to go and explore:  Columbia River Gorge, Mt. Hood,  Multnomah Falls, Latourell Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, Shepperd's Dell Falls, Portland, Mount St. Helens, Mt. Rainier, stay in a cabin at the base of Mt. Rainier, Astoria, "Goonies" movie locations,  The Asrtoria Column, Wreck of Peter Iredale, Indian Beach, Ecola State Park, Cannon Beach- stay on the beach in a super nice hotel, explore the low tide and walk around Haystack Rock, tour Tillamook Creamery, visit all 9 public lighthouses along the Oregon coast (Tillamook Rock, Cape Meares, Yaquina Head, Yaquina Bay, Heceta Head, Umpqua River, Cape Arago, Coquille River, Cape Blanco) (there are 2 private lighthouses that we cannot visit), Depot Bay, glass blowing class, Devils Punchbowl, Whale watching, Coos Bay, visit Steph (Quique's old assistant that moved back to Oregon) and her family, stay with them and go on hikes and explore, and last but not least, go to Crater Lake.......I had to cut at least 2 more weeks worth of exploring off the trip even!!!

Yes, this is a tall order for 9 days and we will see what is accomplished.  It is a trip of a lifetime and I am thrilled to be doing it with my best friend and the love of my life!!  If it's as great as I'm hoping, then, we will need to do it again with the kids in the future or at least multiple times as a family or just as a couple again.

We were going to leave tomorrow but we decided to head out just after Quique got home from work.  I packed us all up and he loaded and out the door we flew.....for my dream trip!  Yes, it's my dream trip but Quique is more than happy with the itinerary plans and things to do and see.

We made it to a rest stop near Boise and are sleeping in the car, yes, his tiny car!  Let the memories begin!!!!