Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy Anniversary

I was in charge of our anniversary this year. I had to make up for 2 years ago when I was in charge. We were in Mexico and everything I planned there failed miserably to say the least. So I had to make this one spectacular....and I did it!!!!!! Everything was in place at least a month in advance and I was going crazy not telling Quique so it could be a surprise. I almost told him at least half a dozen times but he stopped me and didn't want to know because I can't keep things like that to myself. So this is what we did.... During the day, while Quique was at work, the kids and I packed all of our things to be gone for the night. The kids were going to Dave & Holly's for the night and Enrique and I were going to a hotel (but he didn't know yet..hehehe). Then we loaded the van with everything. Holy Cow! That was just for one night. It had snowed during the day so I packed all the kids snow gear so they could go sled riding or play in the snow. After we packed the van, we went to the hotel to drop our stuff off. I checked us in and guess what..we were the guest of the day! Then we went up to the room. The girls were playing all over, then they played in the jacuzzi the rest of the time. I set up a try on the bed with Enrique's favorite chocolates and the chocolates Aunt Peggy had in our hotel room for our honeymoon along with sparkling grape juice (which we don't like-haha) in the ice container, with 2 champagne glasses. It looked nice. Then the kids helped me put the chocolates around the jacuzzi, took a photo and then we left. We went back home because we had more time than I thought to go take the kids to Dave & Holly's. I wasn't sure what time Enrique would be coming home. He said the earliest would be around 4:30pm. So that was the drop off time for the kids. I took the kids over and when I got back, he was home already. I changed for a nice evening out, then we left. I let him pick were to go for dinner because I couldn't decide. We ended up going to Chili's for dinner. It was so nice to be eating dinner with out so many distractions. Then we went to Savior of the World that is put on at the Conference Center. It was absolutely amazing. It totally put things into perspective. We both want to take the kids there and make it a tradition to do every Christmas but kids have to be 8 years old to go. So we have to wait a while. After that we were off towards home. I told him to take a different exit and he giggled and asked were to go and I told him. He couldn't believe it. Then I finally could tell him everything. It was so cool. I actually pulled it off like I planned and it was simply spectacular! It was so nice to be able to have a little time for just us and not have to worry or rush back to get the kids. It was wonderful. Happy Anniversary Love! I love you!!!!!