Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Stitches

Today Isabel had to go get stitches, poor thing.  We were in the pool while the baby was sleeping.  Isabel went inside to get a hair tie to put her hair in a ponytail.  She ran back out and slipped and fell in the kitchen.  Her finger went in the vent and got stuck.  When she got it out, it sliced her finger real bad.  She came outside crying and I saw her hand dripping with blood. 

I jumped out of the pool, Gaby turned on the hose so I could see where the blood was coming from, and all I see is a huge flap on her pinkie.  I had to get control of myself because I was about to loose it.  This is Enrique's field, definitely not mine.  Plus if I wasn't calm then Isabel would be worse. 

We came in, wrapped a washcloth around it after I held it closed tightly for a while.  Gaby ran around for me getting everyone in dry clothes and bringing a cover up for Isabel to put on over her swimsuit.  I called Enrique to tell him and then he talked to Isabel on our whole drive there, about 10-15 min.

On our way there, I was thinking I should have asked a neighbor to keep the girls so they wouldn't be scared.  As soon as we took the exit off 89, I had a thought to call Sean.  Sean works 1 block away and his office has a spot where the kids could be for 30 min or so.  So I called him and he said sure.  So Gaby and Lili hung out for less than 30 minutes at his work.  I was so grateful that he wasn't out of town, he leaves tomorrow for his trip.

We get to the doctor's office and they take us back right away.  Isabel wasn't too scared because Papi told her everything that would happen.  So Isabel was telling the nurse how Papi told her everything.  She was super brave!  They were saying she was the bravest little kid they've had there.  She only cried while the medicine was going in to numb her pinkie and that's it.  Then she was watching the doctor sew her finger back together.  It was so gross, I couldn't even watch but she was loving it.  She was cracking jokes with them as well.   The nurse asked her what she wanted to do when she was older and her reply was to work there and fix little girls fingers.  She ended up getting 4 stitches. She was so brave!