Thursday, October 25, 2012

First Snow

It's been cold and rainy the past few days.  However, shortly after Enrique's alarm went off, so did our power.  I went and got a flashlight so he could have some light while he showered, then I went out and got some wood to make a fire.  Man, I am so grateful that the wood is all cut up.  I went out, got an arm full, came in and poof, there was fire.  The kids woke up after Enrique left for work.  I called the school and they did have power so Gaby went to school.  Then the other two went outside to play.  They loved it.  They were out there for some time.  I called the power company to see if there was a time frame of when our power would come back on.  The lady told me "hopefully sometime today."  I laughed and thanked her.  Then I started setting up the house like we did last December.  I put blankets over the entry way and kitchen doors and closed the bedroom and bathroom doors, kept the fire big, got blankets and pillows out and read books, played games and had a good time.  After 5 hours, our power did come back on and life went on as normal.  I am glad we have a "plan" for when we loose power and it is a fun adventure instead of an inconvenience. (The school lost power after about 30-45 min of school starting and never let parents know until school was almost out, Gaby came home freezing and Isabel was cold so they sat in front of the fire for a really long time.  I am not so happy with the school.)