Wednesday, April 17, 2013

KBULL 93


Today was the Utah earthquake drill at 10:15am.  We left our house about an hour before that to do our big grocery shop.  I turned on the radio and I heard them talking about the earthquake drill.  So I left it on.  I'm kind of a 'prepper' but not to the extreme.  Anywho, there was a woman talking about emergency supplies that you should have in a 72 hour kits (which I was literally going to buy today- I had my list and everything).  Then they said, caller 13 wins a 72 hour kit from Emergency Essentials.  They say the number, I pull over and call. I dialed the wrong number.  Then they say it again, so I pull back over (no one was behind me either time) and I dial.  Just beeping.  Dial again, again beeping.  The third time I dial it rings and rings and rings.  I was about to hang up and they say hello.  I ask what caller I was and they said 13.  I pull back over and start screaming.  I couldn't believe it!!!!  I actually won.  The kids were wondering what was going on and why is mom being so loud and crazy.  hahaha 
So I call Quique, he's in a meeting and I am SO loud on the phone he had to get out of the room,  I could hardly tell him I was so excited.  Really, what person is that excited to win a 72 hour kit?  Me fo show!  He was just laughing at me.  So we went down to pick up my prize after Isabel went to school.  Then we went to Papi's office to open it (it was close to his office).  The ladies he works with probably think I'm a lunatic now from being so excited for something that many people aren't excited about. hahaha  Oh well.   Thanks KBull 93 and Emergency Essentials.
The kids were so excited and they didn't have a clue what for.