Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Savior of the World

When I was growing up, Granny Thal would take me (I was the only granddaughter at the time) to the Nutcracker every year.  When I was on my mission, she sent me the music on cassette tapes, since that was the only time we hadn't gone.  So now that we live out here I wanted to start a tradition similar to that. 
Two years ago Quique and I went to the Savior of the World.  It's all about the birth and resurrection of the Savior.  It was so wonderful that we wanted to bring the kids.  However, the kids have to be 8 years old or older.  So last year all the tickets were gone and I was too late.
This year we thought it would be better to do it with all the cousins and parents and then every year new cousins would join us.  So this year it was just 7 of us and next year it will be 12 of us.  What a wonderful way to start off the Christmas season.  It really puts things into perspective and takes the craziness out of Christmas that can creep in.  Thanks Thals for coming with us!