Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Kaysville Rental





We officially took the Kaysville house off the market with Annika, our Realtor.   I was at the new house painting but stopped to post the Kaysville house on KSL Classifieds for sale by owner and also to rent.  Annika also warned me of getting a lot of calls from other agents wanting to sell our house.  Man, I got SOOO many calls it was ridiculous!!!!  So I stopped answering the phone from unknown phone numbers.
While I was painting the big girls rook, less than an hour after posting it for rent, I got a call.  I looked at the number and didn't recognize it so I didn't answer.  Normally no agents left messages but this time the person left a message.  I listened to the message and I was in shock!  It was a woman asking to rent the house for her family for 6 months or so while their home is being built in Farmington.
I just dropped to my knees and thanked the Lord with all my heart.  We knew somehow things would work out but we just didn't know.  We really felt like it was meant for a specific family and this was the one.  However, I got another call from another man who really wanted to come see the house and rent it.
Now what do we do?  I showed both families the house and either one would be good and take care of it but we really felt strongly about the first family.  The spirit was too strong and overwhelming for the first family and we knew it was a right fit for both our family and theirs.  
So we're going to rent it for 6 months and then put it back on the market to sell during prime selling time and hope we can get at least break even point.