Sunday, August 4, 2013

Camping- Day 3

Well, last night was the worst night of my life I think.  Mateo wouldn't sleep more than 20 minutes at a time.  I have no clue why other than he was way too exhausted.  I think I got 2 hours of sleep total in between him waking.  So we stayed in the tent for a while but I felt guilty for waking up everyone around us (if they did wake up, I don't know how they could sleep with him though).  I could hear Colbie crying too and knew Erika was having it rough also.  Then I decided to go to the car for the remainder of the night.  At least everyone else could sleep.  Papi had a rough night too because he felt so awful, I guess he ate too much.  I Finally, dawn came and I couldn't wait to get out of the car.  If I moved a hair, it woke up Mateo and he started crying.  I wanted to cry too......however, the up side to being in the car was watching a doe and fawn come with in feet of us.  They were fascinating to watch.
Once we got out of the car, I went over to the other camp ground because I had to get Mateo distracted from crying again.  I found Erika up with Colbie.  She had a very similar night and she was packing up.  She said she'd never camp again until Colbie is at least 3.  As soon as the rest of her family was up, they packed up and left.  I felt bad for them because they were all so tired too.
Mateo would sit with Holly and she just had held him for me so I could have a break from him.  We had another leisure morning.  My kids woke up later then usual, because they were up a lot during the night from Mateo too, but Isabel slept until 10:30-11:00 am.  Never before has that ever happened.  I think she has slept til 8:00 the latest.  Poor thing.  Once we all had breakfast we all packed up. 
Along the drive home, we stopped at the scenic waterfall.  It was really pretty then we just took photos along the way.  We didn't want to stop too much because Mateo had actually slept most of the way home.  then slept a long time at home AND went to bed really early.  Poor little guy.  Once we got home everyone showered and we unloaded and started the 10+ loads of laundry. 
It was all worth it and I'd totally do it again.  The girls asked when we get to go camping again.  So, they love it too.