Saturday, July 27, 2013

Jason Aldeen Concert


Quique surprised me with a super fun date......a concert!  It was so awesome!!!!!  He had it planned for a really long time with his assistant, Nikki, at work.  We had a great time.  We've never been to a concert together and it was my first real time too (I've been to 2 little freebie ones).  We left mid afternoon and didn't rush anywhere we went.  It didn't matter, we were together with out kids and just having alone time was wonderful.  We get some every week, thanks to Karkus keeping the kids most of the time so we can get out weekly date, but this was going to be most of the day date.  It was awesome!!!!  We went to Best Buy and used our gift card and got some movies for the kids, then we went to eat at Asian Star....delicious.
We got to the concert and I couldn't believe how many people were already drunk.  There were several people that had to be helped out because they were already wasted.  The pre-bands were playing and it was nice.  Then some people were came and sat next to us.  The little boy was talking to me like we had known each other forever.  He was asking me about the singers and their songs.  I had no idea about any of them but he knew them all and sang his lungs out.  He was 11years old.  He was hilarious!
Then we found out the floor seats weren't sold out and some lady was giving the tickets away to go to the floor, so of course, we went and got some and then we ended up down in the floor seats.  It was a lot of fun.  We sat, stood, and danced to the music.  We walked around and explored a bit too.  It was such a lovely date.  It was like our old selves again.....at least me.  I'm always in mommy mode and my poor Poppet is sometimes shuffled in the mix with the kids.  I really need to make more of an effort to not be in mommy mode 24/7.
Thanks Poppet!  It was a wonderful evening.  I LOVE YOU!!!!