Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Ogden Temple Open House

We had the big Thal family home evening last night.  It was our turn to host and do the lesson.  We did it on temples and to get the 'kids' ready for today, also Dad.  We had a wonderful and spiritual family night. We came hoping and praying that Dad would feel the spirit at the temple, like Aunt Shirley going through the Draper Temple open house that she eventually was baptized because of it.  Unfortunately, we didn't have such a spiritual tour through the temple.  It was beautiful and you could feel the spirit of the temple but there were just SO many people and no real tour guide to tell you about each room or to stop and ponder and talk about each room and your feelings.  So Dave, Sean, and Quique all took different opportunities to tell Dad about what ever room we were in. 
We walked into the 'Bride's Room' and I grabbed my girls and we all looked into the mirror and I told them that is where I get to help them get ready for being sealed in the temple to their husbands.  That was a really neat moment.  They all giggled and were excited.
After the temple, we went to get some ice cream to Artic Circle.  The kids had a blast.  They had free refills on french fries.  We got at least 10 refills between our 2 families.  It was a really nice evening. 
All in all, I know Dad enjoyed going through the temple.  I know he felt the spirit at times, maybe not the whole time, but there is a spark in him that wants to know more but he is so stuck in his ways.  Lots more praying to soften his heart to embrace the gospel once more.  
I am SO grateful for my temple sealing to a wonderful man who is worthy to hold the priesthood.  I am SO grateful to have our four beautiful children sealed to us for all eternity.  They all make me want to be better in all aspects of life.  I am grateful for the gospel in my life to help me and my family along the straight and narrow path.