Friday, August 22, 2014

Uinta Camping- Day 1

We went camping again this weekend, last weekend of summer.  We went with our friends, the Jorgensen family and Marky Karky.  We went up to the high Uintas.  We left many hours later than expected so we got there just before dusk.  Mark was just finishing putting his hammock and little tarp tent up when we arrived.
The campsite where Tab's family was supposed to be was full of cut down trees and barely enough room for a tent.  It was pretty shocking.  We camped here last year with the Thal's and so many trees have been cut down since then, it looks like a different place.
As soon as we were about to unload and set up the tent, it starts pouring down rain......oh great!  In the mean time, we started a fire to get dinner cooking.  Once the fire was going, the rain let up a bit so we set up our tent.
We finished the tent and then we ate after dinner was done cooking.  The kids were tired, starving, cold and wet......not a great way to start our fun packed camping weekend.  Mateo became quite a beastly little thing, Isabel & Lili were asking to go to bed.    So I put them all to bed, along with myself.  hahahaha
I tried at least......it was raining (leaking in) in the tent too.  So I had to change the kids sleeping arrangements to be out of the drips...which were many.  Lili and Isabel were along the edges and were ok and didn't get wet.  However, the rest of us did one way or another.  It was pouring down pretty hard, which our tent decided to make giant tent water balloon looking pockets.  I was pushing them up and I couldn't get the water out.  So Quique was doing it from the outside and was completely drenched, pobresito!
I finally got the kids dry and snug in their sleeping bags.  Isabel and Lili were out instantly.  My little terd boy wouldn't go to sleep.  So I laid down so he'd fall asleep.  My forehead was getting dripped on, so I moved down a bit and it was just barely missing my head.  So I slept in a crumpled position because Lili was at my feet.
Gaby came in a while later to go to bed.   I couldn't sleep well knowing someone was getting wet and I didn't want them wet and cold.  So I put the rain coats over top Gaby and Mateo so it wouldn't soak through their sleeping bags. 
Quique came into bed and his sleeping bag was pretty wet on the top around his knees.   I bet we looked pretty funny.  Here we have this massive tent and we're all squished into a little part of it.  It was such a long night.  I kept checking everyone to make sure they were warm and dry because it was freezing cold.
To put a cherry on top of it, I was already sick!  hahahahahaha