Monday, April 16, 2012

Chihuahua- Day 3- The Ranch

After the blessing we went to the ranch.  It was Celia's cousin's vacation home outside of the city.
It was a huge property that was all gated in (nice no kids could escape).  The food was being prepared in the garage, hence the adults were there and the kids of course were exploring the outside.  We were there for a really long time and the kids loved it the whole time, no fussing!  everyone ate and then a guitar made it's way to the garage so everyone was singing and then all of a sudden everyone starts chanting my name.  I was red as a tomato- instantly!  At our reception, in Chihuahua, Enrique's mom made me sing a song.  It was awful and I was horrified and yet they were chanting me to do it here.  NO WAY!  They really are crazy.  I stuck to my guns and gracefully declined, 10 times. 
Then the band showed up again, which means dancing the rest of the day.  Once it started getting dark, it got chilly.  However, it wasn't good.  Angel (Enrique's Uncle) has terrible arthritis.  He got so bad so fast that everything was over in a blink and he was rushed home and covered in heating pads.  We all had a great time while there, everyone talking to everyone and just really enjoying this time all together.