Saturday, April 12, 2014

Bahamas Trip- Day 5

I woke up to the most beautiful sunrise again today.  It was just piercing through the palm leaves as the curtains were blowing from the breeze.  Gosh, this place is so stunningly beautiful.  It's so surreal.  We want to bring the kids back someday when they're older. 
Yesterday, we decided to rent a scooter and drive out to the lighthouse in High Rock, towards the end of the island.  We arrived at the rental place when they opened.  We were going to rent one but they said that we weren't allowed and we had to have our own.  At first she told us it was only single person, we looked at it and it was clearly a two seater.  Then her excuse was insurance.  It wasn't insured for a two person, then it turned into something else.  So we talked about it and I left.  Quique rented it and picked me up down the street.  He stopped to pick me up and I told him to just pull in the parking lot and I'll come over there.  It was so funny.  They drive on the opposite side of the road here.  So Quique turned into the parking lot the wrong way and a huge bus almost got him.  I walked over to him and we're talking.  He opened up the little cubbie for me to put my bag in and viola, there was another bright yellow helmet for me.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
We got on and started to pull out.  We were laughing so hard for the first 30 minutes or so.  I almost peed my pants so many times from laughing so hard.  Everyone that passed us, beeped and gave us thumbs up or cheered.  We were going to slow.  hahahaha  It didn't help that Quique was being the 'tour guide' as we passed stuff.  Then he was singing at the top of his lungs and talking in silly voices.  It was really very funny.  We thought we were never going to get there.  My bum hurt and my legs and feet were numb, so we pulled over and I got off but almost fell because it hurt to walk again. 
Then I got to drive.  It was really fun.  Then same thing was happening to Quique. His bum was hurting so we switched again.  We finally got to the city but never saw the lighthouse.  We pulled into the police station and asked.  It was not far from there.  We go down the road they said and we ran into the ocean.  WOW!!!!  Talk about breathtaking.  It was so beautiful.  We kept driving till we found it.  We laughed so hard, once again.
When I was researching what to do, that lighthouse kept coming up and so we decided to give it a go.  They never said it was run down and decrepit!  It was all fenced off so you couldn't go near it.  So we drove an hour and a half for a falling to pieces lighthouse.  It was so sad!  Quique was gritting his teeth and laughing at me as he made me take tons of photos with the lighthouse. 
We drove a bit further down the road and we found a beach access.  We got off and went down to the beach.  Conch shells all over the place.  The water was so clear and beautiful.  We stayed there for about 20 minutes looking around, washing the conch shell out so we don't take one with the conch still inside.  I washed it and shoot all the sand out.  Found some cool corral rocks and then left to get back. 
We were suppose to catch the bus to take us to the ship at 12:00.  There was no way we were going to make it.  So we didn't even try.  We were just going to catch it at a later time or just grab a taxi. 
Our way back was even  better than the way out there.  We found that our way back was just enough of a slight downhill to give us more momentum.  Then Quique said to try something and he was just being silly about it.  But we realized it worked!  So we kept being 'aerodynamic'.  When were were being aerodynamic, we went from 40/45mph to 55/60mph.  Once we got back to civilization, more people honking at us and laughing.  We did give others a great laugh, not just ourselves!
Quique dropped me off at the same parking lot and then he dropped the scooter off.  I went to go look for a magnet, since we get one ever where we go. So I had to go back to the tienditas.  hahaha  Quique found me and I wasn't done.  So he went back to the hotel for something.  We were going to meet in the lobby but I still was taking a long time, so he came back and I was still in the same place. 
He had seen Holly, Chris & the kids.  They decided to take a taxi to the ship so they could go to the restaurant that you can feed sharks. So she gave us her tickets for their time slot, 2:30 to board the bus.  So we had about 1.5 hours til we would leave.
I finished up with the cositas.  I ended up getting a magnet, little purses for the girls and a really cool photo frame.  Then we went straight to the beach to grab some sand  and a few more photos and then we went to grab out luggage and head to the bus.  We actually got on the 2:00 bus and we were the last 2 on.
We got to the port, went through customs and checked our luggage in, found our new room, walked around a bit and realized we still had 2 hours till the ship leaves.  So we went back down off the ship to find, yet more cositas.  hahahaha
We found some cool playing cards and Quique bought me a beautiful necklace and earrings set.  Then we went back through customs and boarded the ship.  We took a short nap until our luggage came and we could change to go to dinner at the fancy restaurant again. 
At dinner, we met a middle aged couple from Kansas.  They were very nice.  They stayed at a resort far away from everything and didn't like it much.  Apparently, we were at the best resort on the island.  It really was beautiful.  We started sailing during dinner and we kept stopping for some reason.  The sunset was pretty then it disappeared behind the clouds.  I did take 2 Dramamine pills just in case.  I never did get sick, however, I was super sleepy from the Dramamine.
After dinner, we went to where the entertainment was going on.  It was almost over when we got there.  Then they took a break to get ready to do it again.  So we went up to the top deck for a while.  We were just standing in the corner talking, reminiscing about being here and watching us sail toward Florida, it was romantic.  Then all of a sudden Holly, Chris & the kids are there and we were talking for a while. Tyler was telling us about the magician using fire and stuff during the entertainment show.  They really liked it.Then they went to take the kids to bed.
We went back down to the entertainment show.  I had a hard time keeping my eyes open, no wonder, the Dramamine kicked in.  We stayed there the rest of the night, then went to bed.